Gen2 Energy is a Norwegian company dedicated to developing, building, controlling and operating an integrated value chain for green hydrogen. The company aims to establish production capacity at large-scale for green hydrogen based on 100 percent renewable energy, and to operate a reliable and efficient logistics network.
Asset management and governance expertise
- Simon brings significant capital markets, legal and management experience to the Board.
- Former Managing Director of Morgan Stanley and COO across Commodities, Fixed income and Equity divisions. Multiple board positions and member of the FCA Practitioners committee.
- Afkenel is currently a Chief Operational Officer of Energy at First Hydrogen, Canadian-listed company focused on developing long-range hydrogen powered utility vehicles.
- Afkenel was previously SVP of Business Development for Netherlands Hydrogen at ENGIE, and held senior positions at Gasunie, Shell and NAM.
- She has delivered hydrogen, heating and oil & gas projects in the Netherlands and world-wide.
- Abigail has over twenty years of investment experience and is currently Investment Director at Snowball Impact Management, a sustainable and impact focussed asset manager.
- Abigail was a Director of Threadneedle Investment, following positions at HSBC Asset Management and Schroders and has experience of institutional and retail investment.
- Abigail also brings knowledge of fund governance, manager selection and impact measurement.
- David is the CEO of INEOS Energy.
- He previously worked at BP for 15 years in several roles, including Group Treasurer and Senior Vice President of Oil and Low Carbon. Prior to BP, David was CEO and co-founder of an Energy Trading and Risk management software business. He has a degree in Mathematics from Oxford and is a Trustee of the charity Career Ready.
Investment Adviser: HydrogenOne Capital LLP
Long term partnership and expertise
- Extensive experience in energy, capital markets, project management, M&A.
- Executive Vice President at Royal Dutch Shell, where he led investor relations and established the company’s ESG programme.
- Managing Director at Deutsche Bank, where he was the number one ranked analyst in European and Global oil & gas.
- Geologist at BP, in the North Sea, West Africa and Asia Pacific.
- Geology BSc from Imperial College, PhD from Cambridge University. INSEAD Advanced Management Programme.
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London.
- Fund Manager with corporate finance and engineering background
- Richard has a 30 years experience in Utilities and Energy and is a Chartered Engineer, originally from Babcock Power and latterly Exxon.
- In addition his financial experience spans Stock Broking, Corporate Finance and Fund Management with Henderson Crosthwaite, Ernst & Young and Artemis Investment Management, where he invested into renewables companies.
- He uses this unique blend of technical and financial knowledge to apply a differentiated approach to stock selection and asset management. He has an MSc in Petroleum Engineering from Imperial College.
- Financial Controller with 14 years’ experience working within private equity and 7 years of Big Four financial services audit experience. Ben has substantial international experience of private equity and closed ended funds, as well as audit function and financial controls.
- Ben has held senior positions at Eight Roads (Fidelity), Henderson Group and KPMG. He is an ACA Chartered Accountant and has a degree in Classics from Cambridge University.
- Ben is responsible for the financial management and planning of the finance function of the Company. This includes the day to day interaction with the fund administrator, AIFM, tax adviser, auditor and other agents and intermediaries.
- Jonathan Chui is a senior financial analyst with 7 years’ experience working in project finance, asset management and renewables. He has held senior positions at Cubico Sustainable Investments, UPP Group Ltd, and Operis Group.
- Jon has a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University and is a CFA Charterholder. Jon has participated and achieved 16th place in the 2021 Financial Modelling World Cup competition, which ranks him among the world’s top 20 financial modellers.
- He is responsible for the day-to-day valuation and financial modelling work for the Investment Adviser.
- Eva has 12 years’ experience with public companies in the energy sector, working in investor relations, business development and communications roles.
- Most recently, Eva was a Communications Consultant for a London-listed energy transition company focused on hydrogen projects.
- Prior to that, a Corporate Development Manager for a London-listed energy company; Investor Relations for a boutique corporate advisory firm; and equity sales for a UK independent merchant bank.
- Eva has a BSc in Pharmacology from the University of Bristol; an MSc in International Finance from the University of Westminster; and an MBA from the American InterContinental University.
- Elena is an experienced Finance Professional with more than 12 years of expertise in the finance and private equity sectors, including portfolio management and management accounting.
- In her last role at Capricorn Capital Partners, she worked on various projects and companies across the private equity portfolio, including tech-related start-ups and mortgage funds, where she assisted in driving the revenue and profitability growth.
- She has a bachelor’s degree in Economics and is currently studying towards the ACCA qualification.
Hydrogen and capital markets expertise
- Giles brings over 35 years’ experience investment banking, asset management, private banking and private wealth management.
- Former Managing Partner Mirabaud et Cie, Chairman and Chief Executive, Mirabaud Securities, Vice Chairman (formerly Chairman) and Executive Director, Mirabaud Asset Management. ACA qualified.
- The former chairman of hydrogen electrolyser company ITM Power, Roger’s career has spanned multiple senior leadership positions in the autos sector, including Lotus, Ford, and Jaguar.
- Roger brings managerial as well as technical guidance to the HydrogenOne team.
- Andy is an experienced commercial and business development manager with thirty five years’ experience in the international energy industry. Former positions include Commercial Director and Business Development Manager at Schlumberger and Ophir Energy, BG, BHP, ExxonMobil, and a secondment to the UK Government’s DTI (now BEIS).
- Andy qualified as an accountant with KPMG, and is currently a Director of Northbrook Energy Advisory Ltd.
- Katriona is the Chancellor’s Fellow in Energy at Edinburgh University, and is a world-leading academic in low carbon geo-energy and the geological storage of CO2 and hydrogen.
- Katriona brings a science-based perspective to investment decisions
- Per is the former Chairman and CEO of PowerCell Sweden AB, a world leading fuel cell company. Former positions include Vice President, Head of Corporate Strategy and Business Development AB Volvo, Investment Director at Volvo Group Venture Capital. Per is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- Per brings managerial as well as technical guidance to the HydrogenOne team, particularly in fuel cells.
- A highly versatile business and change professional with 30 years financial services experience including a 18 year track record in asset management; working since 2011 as an independent consultant to major UK financial institutions.
- Mazen has decades of operational experience in the energy industry in the Middle East and Africa and possesses pioneering entrepreneurial skills, and an expansive network of relationships. Mazen owns and manages an energy services group operating since the 1970s in over 20 countries. The EDG Group has partnered over the years with the likes of Schlumberger, Baker Hughes and GE as well as BP, ENI, Bechtel, Technip and others.
- Mazen is focused on transitioning to more sustainable and greener energy through developing and introducing proven technologies worldwide. He brings extensive international operational and technical knowledge to the HydrogenOne team.
- Caroline has 30 years’ of experience in energy and sustainable investing, and is currently a sustainability specialist at a large UK asset manager.
- Former NED and Audit Chair in the small-cap E&P sector, Managing Director at Deutsche Bank, as No.1 rated analyst, and initiator of cross-sector energy transition research. Significant consulting experience across the global energy sector.